4 Jul 2009

Sticky and Sweet round 2

Tonight , at the O2, Madonna kicks off the second leg of her super successful Sticky and Sweet Tour which became the highest grossing tour ever by a solo artist. Last year I saw her live at Wembley Stadium alongside 70 000 other people. I'd love to go to the show tonight but have no money at all (so if anyone wants to give me his or her spare ticket...) Though I have to say that this tour isn't my favorite Madonna show (Confessions in 2006 and Drowned World in 2001 were AMAZING) it still is a perfect show and seeing her live on stage is one of the most inspiring and touching experiences ever made. The costume in which she is opening Sticky and Sweet was designed by Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy. She comes on stage sitting on a throne so that even the worst sceptic has no doubts anymore on who the queen is.
For this year's leg of the tour Ricardo Tisci designed a new costume for the opening, still resembles the one from last year a lot, but looks a bit cooler and theatrical I think. Check them out and decide for yourself:

2008:



2009:

No comments: