26 Feb 2010

Menswear Day London Fashion Week

Boy am I glad this fashion week is over. It is always so exhausting and draining. And I didnt even go to that many shows. It is the waiting, the people around you, the profusion of information and beauty you see all the time. Anyway, the last day was, again, the menswear day and it started with an amazing show by Carolyn Massey followed by J.W. Anderson. James Long presented a very wearable collections and Christopher Shannon was, well, Christopher Shannon!
I am very proud of all the London menswear designers. So many pieces that were cool but still wearable and all in all they showed what makes London such an exciting fashion city.
You could see all of that again at the Fashion East installations. SIBLING's new 'monster' collection is big fun, Lou Dalton's tartan suits and knitted jumpers were adorable and I want all of these pieces. The day ended for me at A Child of the Jago. Front row was Janet Jackson and Vivienne Westwood. And the clothes were fun. Not really my kind of thing but I understand where it's coming from... and it was the most fun show I have ever been to!

Carolyn Massey







J.W. Anderson







Christopher Shannon





James Long





Lou Dalton





Matthew Miller



SIBLING



No comments: