9 Jun 2009

Post Grunge

There is so much grunge going on at the moment, it is a proper revival, cutoff blue jeans, band tshirts and plaid shirts. This genre of alternative rock music emerged in the 80s in America (around Seattle) and disappeared in the mid-late 90s.
Ok you have Nirvana in your head now...

I wanna talk about post Grunge now. When people were looking for softer and feminine music. In the nineties it seemed like millions of female singer/songwriters had their biggest success. Think of Alanis Morissette, Sheryl Crow, Fiona Apple and so on.

So why I am talking about this? Because I think back of this time and realise how happy times that were for me. My first teenage years, having no clue at all about life (still don't), women wearing white tshirts underneath floral print dresses with massive boots. I think of German youth magazine Bravo (which was only bought because of the X Files posters and the photos accompanying the sex eduction) and I think of Jewel.

Enjoy Who Will Save Your Soul from Jewel. It is not only an amazing song but the video also shows typical mid nineties style.

No comments: